I. Introduction to dormitory
The dormitory of Ton Duc Thang University in Tan Phong campus is located at the campus of Ton Duc Thang University, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City. Its capital was invested by the Government bonds.
Operational mechanism: Financial autonomy;
Motto: Be neat, civilized, effective, safe, sustainable and longstanding;
Criteria: To serve the learners by creating the best conditions for accommodation, activities and study space for boarding students. To serve as a supplement to the main activities of the University, contribute to the implementation of the objectives and tasks of the school.
TDTU’s dormitory at Tan Phong campus consists of two blocks with a total floor area of 15,994 m2, serving 2,196 student accommodation. The dormitory is built with a beautiful, modern, harmonious architecture in accordance with the overall architecture of Ton Duc Thang University. In order to best serve students, inside the dormitory there are facilities such as mini supermarket, laundry room, and canteen.
Around the campus dormitories are the buildings, stadiums, volleyball courts, swimming pools, basketball courts, tennis courts and outdoor practice areas.
II. Time and ways to apply for accommodation in the dorm
Once enrolled, the students can apply for a dormitory room after completing the enrollment procedures, if students wish to register dormitory, they should directly contact the dormitory reception and submit the following requirements:
- Notarized copy of household registration book
- Notarized copy of citizen identification card / citizen ID card
- Copy of admission notice
- Copy of tuition fee
- Original or notarized copy of document showing cases of priority (if any)
- Dormitory registration form (at the reception desk)
III. Order of priority objects in dormitory (in order from 01 to 12)
- Students are heroes of the army heroes, labor heroes, war invalids, or wounded soldiers.
- Students are children of the army hero or labor hero.
- Students are children of war martyrs, war invalids, wounded soldiers in rank order (1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4).
- Students are the offspring of resistance activists infected with toxic chemicals (with certificates of deformities).
- Students are of ethnic minority or their father or mother is of ethnic minority.
- Students have a household registration book and live in difficult communes under Program 135 / CP, or in coastal communes.
- Students have disabilities, or students are orphans (for example, residing in SOS Village).
- Students’ families are under the poverty reduction regulations of the State (Their families have a poor household certificate).
- Students are Communist Party’s members, soldiers, or police who have completed duties and demobilization.
- Students take part in the Youth Union, students self-governing group, or have many achievements in the “3 ethical contents” Program (for students in the second, third, fourth year).
- Students are child or a sibling of a Trade Union Officer (a member of the Executive Committee or of higher level) who is working at a Provincial, City, County, District, or equivalent Labor Union (not in the districts of Ho Chi Minh City.
- Other priority objects: If the students are not in priority subjects ranking from 01 to 11, students must specify the enrollment area according to the regulations of the Ministry of Education and Training (Area 1, Area 2 NT, Area 2, Area 3) in item 12. Other Subjects priorities. The order of priority for the enrollment area is as follows:
- Area 1, whose residential address is not in City or Town
- Area 2NT, whose residential address is not in a City or town
- Area 1, whose residential address is in the city or town
- Area 2N, whose residential address is in the city
- Area 2
- Area 3
IV. Dormitory Regulations
1. STUDENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pay in full and on time the boarding fee and other fees as prescribed, keep receipts for comparison or refund when necessary.
- Always be polite to teachers, officials, experts and staff members of the dormitory board; be friendly, sociable, and helpful to fellow students and people around.
- Have tidy haircut and neat clothing, good relations between opposite gender with no offensive behavior and contrary to fine customs.
- Without prior permissions, do not decorate, repair or renovate the living room, change rooom, recolate equipment and materials of the dormitory out of original position.
- Use properly the equipment provided or permitted by the dormitory (computer, radio cassette, iron, lamp, personal fan). Check all electrical and water equipment before leaving the room.
- Be responsible for paying for the damage and loss of dormitory facilities caused by him/her neligence, and preserve of his /her belongings.
- Strictly comply with the provisions on temporary residence registration and temporary absence; 01 –day- Absence must be reported to the head of the room, and absence from 02 days or more must have a temporary absence application submitted to the Board of Dormitory.
- Fulfill the request of the head of the dormitory management for relocation in case of necessity and for plausible reasons.
- Do obligatory duties in order and proper hygiene:
- Complete the task of watching room and corridors according to assigned timetables, actively participate in cleaning environment and surrounding landscapes.
- Neatly arrange clothing, personal items, blankets, personal belongings, books and in right place in the room; messy activities are forbidden.
- Only bathe, wash and dry clothes, blankets, mats, curtains at the right place.
- Observe the regulations of the dormitory: Opening hours: (05:00- 22:00)
- Only receive guests at the designated place (reception room) with the approval of the Board of Dormitory. Do not receive guests after 22:00 every day. Only use the common living room in accordance with the regulations of the Dormitory Management Board (study, reading, group study, television viewing).
- Any form of gathering, meeting must be reported to and approved by the Board of Dormitory.
- Strictly observe regulations on fire and explosion prevention and regulations on electrical equipment safety. Actively participate in overcoming unusual circumstances such as fires, risks, etc. occurring in the dorm.
- Fight with all negative phenomena of students and have the responsibility to report to the Managing Board all violations of internal rules, regulations of the dormitory, rules and regulations of the school.
- Students must actively participate in physical training and sports activities and must be a member of at least 01 club of physical training and sports. Participation in sport clubs will be one of the criteria for re-selecting students to reside in dormitory.
2. PROHIBITIONS IN THE RESIDENTIAL AREA
- Storing and using weapons, firecrackers, explosives, inflammables, and toxic chemicals.
- Trading, storing, and using in all forms of drug and drug products. Drinking alcohol, beer, cigarettes and other stimulants in the dormitory at any time.
- Drinking alcohol in other places and causing noise to affect the general order of the dormitory.
- Storing, circulating, or spreading pornographic films, video tapes, music tapes or discs, or violent films or materials banned by the State.
- Storing or using electric cooking utensils, magnetic stoves, gas stoves, gas stoves, stoves, charcoal, firewood as well as other flammable and explosive substances.
- Organizing or participating in gambling activities in any forms.
- Fighting or inciting fights, organizing gangs or groups disturbing dormitory security in any forms.
- Sabotaging or stealing public property, using public property for improper purposes, stealing or robbing citizens' property.
- Storing or concealing prohibited goods or smuggled goods. - Letting outsiders go into the dormitory, or lending the dormitory pass to others.
- Having impolite actions and behaviors, polluting environment such as:
- Male students go to the Female Dormitory and vice versa.
- Littering, spitting, and polluting in the living room and boarding area; trampling on lawns, picking flowers, breaking trees around dormitories and other areas at school.
- Lack of awareness in living, using things to clog toilet bowl and drainage system; overuse of electrical equipment to break the electric system.
- Hanging cloths, clothes, clothing improperly and unethically.
- Nailing, perforating, drawing, or sticking paper, pictures, advertisements, posters on walls, ceilings, tables, chairs and other public places.
- Using incense or worshiping; Hiding animals in rooms in the dormitory.
- Causing noise or gathering crowd to affect living and studying in the living room and the dormitory area.
- Affecting solidarity, defaming, or disrespecting others.
- Violating the rules and policies of the government, using without permission, or stealing private property of other students.