TDTU English language proficiency assessment test
TDTU English language proficiency test helps in understanding a applicant's English language skills with regard to listening, reading, writing, and speaking. If you are a applicant aspiring to study in Undergraduate programs taught in English at TDTU, these tests are essential, especially applicant has not had the International English proficiency certificate yet.
The applicants must do the test in case of:
- Applying in the Undergraduate programs taught in English; and,
- Not having the IELTS at least 5.0 (or equivalent English certificates, click here to see equivalent certificates).
The TDTU English language proficiency test format consists of 3 main sections:
Section 1: Reading and Listening
- According to the structure of Cambridge English Placement Test (CEPT).
- Duration: around 45 minutes on a computer.
- CEPT is an online compatibility test. When a candidate takes the test, the following questions will be based on the result of the candidate's previous answer. This will result in the test becoming easier or harder until the proficiency is consistently shown, at which point the candidate's English level will be determined correctly. The compatibility test is suitable for all candidates regardless of their level of English. Candidates do not have to answer all the questions that are harder, or easier than their level.
- Exam results will be published shortly. Each candidate is reported based on a maximum score of 100 points according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- Refer here for more details about CEPT Listening and Reading
Section 2: Writing
- Duration: 45 minutes.
- Number of words: 250 – 300.
- Candidates write an essay commenting on a social topic. Candidates are encouraged to adhere to the duration and number of words.
- Refer here for more examples of writing topics
Section 3: Speaking
- Duration: 10-12 minutes.
- Each candidate will take the speaking test with 1 Examiner.
Part 1 (3 minutes): The Examiner will interview the candidate regarding to his/her personal information.
Part 2 (3 minutes): The Examiner will ask the candidate to present a social topic. Candidates have 1 minute for preparation and 2 minutes for presentation.
Part 3 (3 minutes): The Examiner will continue to ask questions related to the topic and opinion of the candidate presented in Part 2.
- Refer here for more examples of speaking topics
The exam can be taken offline and online. The exam format for both modes is the same.
In Academic Year, the TDTU English language proficiency test is expected to occur two times:
- 1st exam: late June
- 2nd exam: late November
Note: Detailed date would be announced on website or notified via applicant email for each Academic Year
- After closing the application period, the applicants will be arranged to attend the TDTU English language proficiency test;
- TDTU International Admission team will send details of test invoice, test date via applicant's email.
- Applicants do the payment and send the confirmation/proof of payment via email email@example.com.
- The detail instructions (e.g. log-in account, detail test time) will be sent to applicants via applicant's email. Only for applicants who do the payment on time.
- The applicants will do the TDTU English language proficiency test.
- The result will be notified via applicant's email. The result will be used for further admission.
- Applicants will be arranged to English foundation classes (if necessary) according to the test result.
- Click here to see how your test result could be equivalent to other international English certificate