The academic year Ton Duc Thang University is divided into two major semesters and one minor semester
- September semester: from early September to late December
- January semester: from early January to late May
- Summer semester: from mid-June to mid-August
The September and January semesters are usually 15 weeks long, with optional Summer semesters typically lasting only 07 weeks.
The University also arrange one week for mid-term exams, two weeks for final exams as well as one week for reservation.
The exact start and finish date of the semesters may vary slightly from Academic year to Academic year. For this reason, it is advisable to check on the exact dates directly with the faculty(ies) concerned.
Holidays in the Academic year
- Gregorian Calendar New Year Holiday (early January)
- Lunar New Year (Tet) Holiday (late January or early February)
- Hung Kings Commemoration Day (the 10th day of the third month of the Lunar calendar)
- Reunification Day (30th of April)
- International Labor Day (01st of May)
- National Day (02nd of September)
According to consideration of Vietnam Ministry of Labor, if a public holiday falls on a non-working day, people are entitled to another day off. However, this policies would be considered and notified specifically for each Year Calendar.
For TDTU Academic plans in details, current students log in your Student Portal by your student account.